Some of our estates have parking controls in place, meaning you can only park your car if you have a valid parking permit. If you park without a valid permit, our parking contractor CPM will issue you with a fine.

Signs will be displayed clearly if parking controls are in place on your estate.

You don’t need a permit to park:

  • on private driveways
  • in individual garages
  • on developments where another housing association is responsible for the parking. In this instance you will need to check any signage displayed to make sure that you comply with parking restrictions

Applying for a parking permit

You need to apply for a permit online through CPM’s website:  If you have questions about the process then you can call them on: 0845 463 5050 or Freephone 0345 463 5050.

You will need to provide CPM with copies of your vehicle registration document and insurance certificate, showing that the vehicle is registered to your home address. CPM may ask to see further information such as a valid driving license and confirmation from an employer if it is a company-owned vehicle. You may also be required to show proof that you are a Network Home’s resident.

A new permit can cost between £20 - £25 depending on where you live.  A replacement permit costs £30.

If you live in sheltered housing please speak to your local staff member about local arrangements.

Displaying your permit

You must display your permit clearly in the front windscreen of your car or on the dashboard. If you don’t, or if it’s expired, you may receive a fine.

One permit per household

Network Homes operates a one permit per household scheme, therefore only one permit will be issued to your property. You should ensure your permit is always displayed in the vehicle parked onsite. If you don’t you may get a parking fine.


You don’t need a permit to park a motorbike in a shared area, but you must park safely.

Registering a company vehicle

If you have a  company vehicle you can still apply for a resident permit. You will need to get hold of a copy of the registration document from your company, together with a letter of authority stating that you use the vehicle after office hours.

You will not able to park another vehicle at the same time.

Rental and courtesy cars

If you’re using a short term rental or courtesy car, you’ll need to let us know by calling us on 0300 373 3000. We may ask to see documents to prove that it’s yours. We will then instruct CPM to add your car to their exceptions list; we will also suspend your parking permit during this period.

Permit suspension does not apply to residents who have purchased the right to park or those who have demised parking bays.

Permits for carers

If you are disabled , don’t own a vehicle and require a carer, you can request a carers permit by calling us on 0300 373 3000.

You will need to inform your care worker, nurse or doctor that they need to display the visitors permit.

Free visitors permits/ scratch cards are available from staff to issue to health care workers on Older person’s schemes.


We may refuse or withdraw your parking permit if you have rent arrears over £500, have breached other conditions of your tenancy or if your vehicle is untaxed or abandoned.

If we decide to withdraw your permit we will explain our reasons to you in writing and give you 14 days notice of your permit being withdrawn. You can appeal against our decision through Network Homes’ complaints process, but we do not issue temporary permits while appeals are being considered.