If you are considering transferring your tenancy to someone else, it's important to refer to your tenancy agreement to determine the specific terms and conditions that apply to your situation. 

The process of transferring a tenancy to another individual is known as an assignment. However, please note that we only facilitate assignments for secure and assured tenants in the following circumstances. 

  1. Transfer upon your death: If you wish to transfer your tenancy to someone who would have a right to succeed it in the event of your passing. 

  1. Mutual exchange with a tenant of a Registered Provider or local authority: When you mutually agree to swap tenancies with another tenant who is either from a Registered Provider or a local authority. 

  1. Court-ordered transfer as part of divorce or separation proceedings: In cases where a court has issued an order for the transfer of tenancy due to divorce or separation. 

When submitting a request for assignment, certain documentation will be required. This typically includes photographic evidence and copies of personal statements that establish the connection between the person you are transferring your tenancy to and your home. 

It's important to note that assignments of starter tenancy, market rent, intermediate market rent, supported housing, assured shorthold, or fixed-term tenancies are generally not accepted, unless ordered by a court.