If you are interested in applying for extra care or flexi care housing, it is important to note that access to these types of housing are controlled by the local council. Meeting their specific criteria and undergoing a care assessment are key steps in accessing these services. Here's how you can apply based on your location:

  1. Brent (for extra care housing): Contact Adult Social Services in Brent and request a care assessment. They will assess your needs and determine if you qualify for extra care housing. The social worker assigned to your case will refer your application and assessment to a Brent panel. The panel will carefully review your situation and decide how best to meet your needs, including considering the suitability of extra care housing. If deemed appropriate, you will be referred to the extra care housing options available.
  2. Hertford (for flexi care housing): Apply to East Hertford Council (EHC) for housing and specify your request for flexi care. EHC will then make a referral to SNG and their Health and Community Service. A comprehensive housing and care assessment will be conducted to evaluate your requirements. A panel comprising representatives from SNG, EHC, and the Health and Community Service will convene to determine your eligibility for flexi care housing. Once approved, you will be added to the waiting list for suitable housing options.

The assessment process ensures that your care needs are thoroughly evaluated, and the appropriate level of support and housing can be provided. The collaboration between the local council, social services, and housing providers like SNG aim to create a comprehensive care plan tailored to your specific needs.

It is important to note that the application process and specific procedures may vary depending on your location and the local council's arrangements. However, the overarching objective remains the same: to assess your needs and provide access to suitable extra care or flexi care housing options.