At SNG, we are committed to maintaining a safe and harmonious living environment for all residents. If you encounter instances of anti-social behaviour (ASB) that cause alarm, distress, or disturbance, we encourage you to report it. Here's what you need to know:

What is considered ASB? ASB can encompass various issues, ranging from serious violence and harassment to disturbances caused by noisy dogs. Examples of ASB include shouting, drug-related activities, harassment, domestic abuse, environmental nuisance, abandoned vehicles, pet/animal nuisance, graffiti, vandalism, and excessive or persistent noise.

Steps to Address ASB: When dealing with ASB, it is often helpful to attempt to address the issue yourself before reporting it. Here are some steps you can take:

  1. Assess Reasonableness: Consider if your concerns are reasonable and if you can approach the situation calmly and respectfully.
  2. Direct Communication: Approach the person responsible for the nuisance in a calm manner and explain the problems you are experiencing. Avoid shouting or being abusive, as it can hinder progress. Refrain from retaliating, as this may result in complaints against you.
  3. Maintain a Record: Keep a detailed record of all incidents related to the ASB, including dates, times, individuals involved, and a description of what occurred. You can download an incident log from our website at
  4. Polite Note: If you do not feel comfortable approaching the person face-to-face, consider writing a polite note explaining the issues and delivering it through their door. This can be done anonymously or as a group, expressing collective concerns.

Reporting to SNG: If your attempts to address the ASB issue personally are unsuccessful or if you feel threatened or vulnerable approaching your neighbour, you can report it to us using the My Reports feature on our website. Select the "Report ASB" option, and we will thoroughly investigate the matter.

Instances not classified as ASB: Please note that certain situations are not considered ASB, and we may not investigate them. These include neighbour disputes (which should be resolved between parties), children playing in the street, poor sound insulation, cooking smells or smoking in one's home, staring or looking at someone, derogatory comments on social media, pets straying across garden areas, and low-level music during the day or isolated noise disturbances such as a one-off party.

When to Contact the Police: If you witness a crime or a serious incident, please contact the Police immediately by dialing 999. This includes situations such as prostitution, drug dealing, vehicle misuse, and groups of people loitering in an intimidating or threatening manner. For non-urgent reports, you can reach out to the Police via their website or by dialing 101.

By reporting ASB and working together, we can maintain a peaceful and enjoyable community for all residents. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.